Every team entering the Great South West Bed Race will assist in raising funds for cardiac and cancer care services at the South West Health Campus in South West WA.
Whilst their event participation will certainly help raise the profile of these services bringing care closer to home for South West residents, one of the most frequent questions we receive is where to start with fundraising. Here are a few ideas!
- Host a Bunnings sausage sizzle.
- Sell off advertising space on your team’s racing bed – encourage local businesses to donate funds and in return offer them the privilege of their logo published on one of the panels surrounding your racing bed.
- Sell some boxes of Cadbury chocolate bars.
- Arrange a sausage sizzle at your local Bunnings Warehouse or Harvey Norman retailer.
- Ask for pledges of support – as your racing team has committed to run the event, request that friends, families, business colleagues and customers offer generous donations to help push you all past the finishing line!
- Open an on-line giving page – using GoFundMe, Everyday Hero or even Facebook, build a dedicated space where contacts from all over the world can easily contribute to your pot.
- Create event-related promotional merchandise – brand a supporter’s item (eg. T-shirt) and sell one to everybody you know. Be sure your chosen item clearly advertises YOUR team’s participation in the event so that when your supporters turn up on the day, they can recognise each other in the crowd!
- Organise a social event – schedule a quiz night, sausage sizzle, or other activity in the months running up to the Great South Bed Race, and promote it with all proceeds going to your fundraising pot.
Got another suggestion? Let us know so that we can inspire other teams – and together we’ll make a huge difference in the lives of those who depend on charitable assistance!